Georgia DMVChange Of Address

Georgia DMV change of address is necessary within 60 days after you have move. You need to get the address on your driver’s license, vehicle registration and title certificate changed. You also need to inform the insurance company of the change in address. For this, you will need to visit your local DMV (in this case the Department of Driver Services or DDS) or if you are lucky, you could qualify to get it changed online, sitting right at home. The good thing is that if you have a license which is valid for more than 180 days, you only need to get a replacement license which will cost you nothing.
So how exactly can you handle the address change?
Well, if you have a regular, noncommercial license which is valid for more than 180 days after the address change and you have a Georgia address which the U.S. post can verify and can provide information such as your social security number and the last exam date on your current license, you can simple apply online for a Georgia DMV change of address. However online application is limited to US citizens with Georgia residency, according to the DDS website.  
To do things through the postal service, you will need to look for the address of the Driver’s License Customer Service Center nearest to you by entering the zip code of the area you are in and send all the required documents along with the change of address form.
But let’s say for some reason, your mailing address cannot be verified or your license expires within 180 days or you have moved more than once within the license renewal period, you will need to hop on over to the local  DDS/DMV customer service center and get things done in person.
All drivers are allowed one free name or address change during the term of their original driver's license/permit/ID card through the DDS. To be eligible for this a driver  must complete the change request 150 days prior to the expiration date listed on the document.

Choose Your State

Q:Is a Georgia drivers license change of address online possible?

A:Yes, this is possible. You have to first visit the official website and find out how the procedure is conducted. In most cases, you will have to fill out a change of address form and provide information related to your identification, license, residency, and more. The fee for change of address will be charged online via credit card.