Drivers in the state of California, irrespective of their age, are not allowed to drive without a valid driver’s license. The license may be an out-of-state driver’s license but a valid driver’s license is required to drive legally on California’s roads. California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) regulates the issuing of driver’s licenses, in addition to the registration of vehicles, issuance of state identification cards, etc.
California driving test is specifically designed to test an applicant’s vision and knowledge/skills of roads signs and other traffic laws related matters. Only those who pass the tests are allowed to take the behind-the-wheel test. Therefore it is of outmost importance that an applicant prepares well for California driving test questions by consulting California Driver Handbook (available both from a DMV office and online) if he/she intends to obtain the state’s driver’s license.
For the benefit of potential drivers, samples of California driving test questions are available online, free of charge. They are all multiple choice questions. The following are only some of the sample questions taken from the DMV’s website:
- How much time do you have to notify the DMV with the sale of your vehicle?
- What does California’s “Basic Speed Law” say?
- What do you do if a school bus ahead of you, in your lane, has stopped with flashing red lights?
- What does a white painted curb mean?
- When driving in fog, what should you use?
- Where should you be driving when merging onto the freeway?
- Where should the wheels be when parking your vehicle parallel to the curb on a level street?
- Under what circumstances can you drive off of the paved roadway to pass another vehicle?
- When are roadways the most slippery?
- With a Class C driver license what can a person drive?
- Where should your vehicle’s front wheels be when parking uphill on a two-way street with no curb?
- When can you legally block an intersection?
- What is the speed limit in a residential area?
- What should you do if you have had a minor accident with a parked car whose owner cannot be found?
Choose Your State
Q:Can I easily find samples of California driving test questions online?
A:Yes, you can find sample tests online. These tests are designed to help applicants practice for the written driving test. Most of the questions are based upon the traffic laws and road rules. You can also get help from the drivers manual. For more information, take a look at our page.