Car Insurance in Texas
Texas, being the second largest state in the United States, is home to millions of registered vehicles and licensed drivers. Due to a huge volume of traffic, there was an accident (minor or fatal) every 74 seconds on the state’s roads and highways in 2009 according to the Texas Department of Transportation report. Therefore to make driving a safe experience for all, the state’s motor vehicle laws require that the drivers carry car insurance. Texas laws require that in order for a car to be registered and legally driven there, it must, at the minimum, have the following coverage:
- $25,000 for property damage
- $30,000 per injured person
- $60,000 for everyone injured in an accident
However, buying insurance is not cheap. Various insurance companies try to outdo their competition and offer attractive insurance quotes online to attract as many clients as possible. Insurance companies not only offer great bargain rates to those with excellent driving record but may further offer auto insurance discounts and free extras like small accident forgiveness to those who are willing to switch over to their company. Other incentives may include the following:
- Discounts may be offered to those who buy insurance for multiple cars. For example if a person has more than one car and he/she gets them insured from the same insurance company then he/she may be given a special insurance quote at a discounted rate.
- Insurance companies may quote discounted rates to their loyal customers as well, who have been with them for years.
- Long term clients with excellent driving records like accident-free driving history, etc. may also see their insurance quotes getting better each year.
- Some insurance companies may throw in a certain amount of money (for example, $50) simply for accepting their insurance quote online.
- Clients who are willing to pay their full premium up front may be offered a special insurance quote based on a special discount.
All in all, buying insurance is not only a requirement in Texas but a feasible option too. Given the number of insurance companies competing in the market for your business, you should be able to get an attractive quote from an insurance company.
As I was searching for information about insurance for car not driven Texas, I came across licensing requirements. Do I need a license to qualify for car insurance policies?
It is not necessary that you need a license to get your car insured. There are many insurance companies out there that do not require licenses. But you may need to explain why you do not have a license. If you are looking for in-depth information about this, feel free to look through our website.
Can you give me some information about cheap car insurance in Texas?
There are many different insurance companies in Texas that offer a range of insurance policies. Drivers can find out about the current insurance premium rates online. One may also qualify for insurance discounts and cheap insurance premiums that can be as low as $40. Take a look at our page and find out more about insurance quotes.
Can you tell me about Texas car insurance requirements for property damage?
In the state of Texas, all drivers must fulfill automobile insurance requirements. All drivers must seek insurance for property damage that may occur in the event of an accident. The minimum insurance requirement for property damage is $25,000. Browse through our pages to learn more about car insurance in Texas.