Car Insurance in Washington
Car Insurance is your financial security against any damage to your car. For most states, it is imperative to get your vehicle insured before you take it out on the road. Laws related to the insurance policy are different in each state.
When you’ve bought a new vehicle in Washington, the first thing that should worry you is its security. Washington is a very safe place to live with impeccable law and order situation. The only way they have been able to maintain such good repute when it comes to security of its individuals is formulation of effective laws and following them diligently.
Opting for an insurance company can be difficult. Each company has its own method to calculate the amount of damage you’re likely to face in an accident. Hence, the premium cover for the loss also is different for each company. As a customer you should get quotes first from a few companies and then observe which one of them offers the best customer service. Take this factor in account as well before finalizing any deal with the insurance company. Then compare the car insurance quotes, try to visit companies with similar policies in order to get a more accurate comparison.
The insurance company officials would ask you the following questions;
- Your age, gender and address.
- The type of vehicle you drive.
- How many miles you drive per day.
- Other drivers who live with you.
- Whether you’ve gotten any tickets recently.
- Whether you’ve recently made a claim on your current auto policy.
- If you’re willing to switch your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance to the company.
For Washington Car Insurance, your insurance package should cover for the minimum amount of damage which includes;
- $25,000 of bodily injury for one person per accident.
- $50,000 of bodily injury for two people per accident.
- $10,000 of property damage per accident.
The reason it is really important to get car insurance is at time of any accident, you have some financial coverage. It helps you save your assets which might be taken away by the state for compensation of the losses occurred to the third party. That is why it is mandatory by the DMV in Washington for its residents to have car insurance.